Ask An Agent / Hiring a London Taxi

Ask an Agent is a regular monthly feature answering your questions about the business of photography – the photography industry’s first Agony Aunt!

If you have any questions you’d like to ask a photographers agent please send them to Questions can be on anything to do with the photography business, such as photoshoots, marketing, professional practice, pricing, contracts, legal stuff – anything.

Dear Ask an Agent,

Help, I need to find a London cab for a shoot, any advice? Should I just hail one and ask them?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ben Green

Hey Ben,

No problem. Yes you could hail one but you'd probably make your life easier if you got one from a company that specialises in hiring them out for filming. There are a couple of good companies around, we just used these guys who were helpful - London Taxi Film Production. They hire London cabs out on an hourly rate for shoots (or daily or weekly) and they can even provide drivers who are happy and comfortable to model! Don't forget the usual model releases though. The cabs are all free from advertising and branding, which obviously you have to be careful of. We also came across these guys who offer similar services - London Corporate Cabs. 

So there you go, have a fun shoot!

Whether you’re a creative director or a student, a photographer or a designer, an art buyer or an assistant, if you have any questions you’d like to ask a photographers agent please send them to and we’ll answer as many as we can!

Please Note:

We reserve the right not to enter into ongoing correspondence.

We reserve the right not to answer all questions sent to Ask an Agent.

Please state whether you would like to remain anonymous.

This advice should be taken as a guide only.

Lisa Pritchard, LPA and guest bloggers take no responsibility for any omissions or errors.

The images used in this article are for illustrative purposes only and do not necessarily correlate with specific facts or examples cited in the text.

Please seek professional legal advice should you require it.